We are committed to giving you the best possible service and believe the only way to achieve this is by working together. We will:
- Involve you as much as possible in all decisions regarding the care that you receive and ensure your consent is given prior to treatment.
- Treat you with courtesy and respect.
- Ensure absolute confidentiality of medical records within the limits of the law.
- Try to answer the telephone within ten rings.
- Keep you informed if your appointment time is more than 30 minutes behind schedule.
- Aim to get repeat prescriptions printed or sent via eps to your nominated pharmacy within 48 hours of the request
- Provide you with access to your medical records as the law permits.
- Refer you to a specialist for a second opinion if the GP thinks it appropriate.
- Abide by Health & Safety Regulations.
- Any comments or suggestions on how to improve our services would be welcome.
We ask that you:
- Inform us if you do not understand or are unclear about your treatment.
- Treat us with courtesy and respect and be patient when we are busy – please understand that some emergency situations may take priority.
- Inform us of any change of name, address or telephone number.
- Request access to medical health records in writing.
- Keep your appointment time and give as much notice as possible if you need to re-book or cancel.
- Only request a home visit if the patient’s medical condition prevents them from attending the surgery – please try to telephone before 10.00a.m.
- Only contact the doctor out of hours if the patient’s medical condition cannot wait until the next surgery.
- Use our self check-in screen or report to the reception desk when you arrive. Do not request repeat prescriptions over the telephone.
- Understand that at least one week’s notice is required for doctors to complete paperwork e.g. passport forms, insurance forms, driving licence forms etc.
- Please be aware that there will be a charge for all non-NHS services.
We believe that by working together we will provide you with the best possible service.
Green Meadows Surgery is part of the East Berkshire Clinical Commissioning Group (www.eastberkshireccg.nhs.uk) and can provide you with details of primary medical services in the area.