We are committed to giving you the best possible service and believe the only way to achieve this is by working together.
- Involve you as much as possible in all decisions regarding the care that you receive and ensure your consent is given prior to treatment.
- Treat you with courtesy and respect.
- Ensure absolute confidentiality of medical records within the limits of the law.
- Try to answer the telephone within ten rings.
- Keep you informed if your appointment time is more than 30 minutes behind schedule.
- Aim to get repeat prescriptions printed within 48 hours of the request.
- Provide you with access to your medical records as the law permits.
- Refer you to a specialist for a second opinion if the GP thinks it appropriate.
- Abide by Health & Safety Regulations.
- Any comments or suggestions on how to improve our services would be welcome.
We ask that you:
- Inform us if you do not understand or are unclear about your treatment.
- Treat us with courtesy and respect and be patient when we are busy – please understand that some emergency situations may take priority.
- Inform us of any change of name, address or telephone number.
- Request access to medical health records in writing.
- Keep your appointment time and give as much notice as possible if you need to re-book or cancel.
- Only request a home visit if the patient’s medical condition prevents them from attending the surgery – please try to telephone before 10.00a.m.
- Only contact the doctor out of hours if the patient’s medical condition cannot wait until the next surgery.
- Use our self check-in screen or report to the reception desk when you arrive.
- Do not request repeat prescriptions over the telephone.
- Understand that at least one week’s notice is required for doctors to complete paperwork e.g. passport forms, insurance forms, driving licence forms etc. Please be aware that there will be a charge for all non-NHS services.
We believe that by working together we will provide you with the best possible service.
Green Meadows Surgery is part of Bracknell & Ascot Clinical Commissioning Group (BA CCG) and can provide you with details of primary medical services in the area. (BACCG.BACCGenquiries@nhs.net)